8 Products That Could Benefit From Soft-Feel Coatings
At Aexcel, we know the manufactured products that benefit from soft-feel coatings. The right coating can have a substantial impact on a consumer’s perception of a product. The luxurious finish soft-feel coatings provide could help your product line stand out from competitors.
Soft-feel coatings can be applied to plastic, metal, and other substrates at a comparatively thinner film thickness while providing superior:
- Mar resistance
- Dust resistance
- Chemical resistance
Here are 8 products that could benefit from soft-feel coatings:
- Auto Interior Components: Car parts that receive substantial handling by the driver and passengers are candidates for soft feel surfaces. Door handles, steering wheels, gearshift knobs, armrests, glove box covers and other accessories coated to feel softer and warmer give interiors a more elegant feel.
- Smartphones and Laptops: Most everyone uses these handheld devices and lives in fear of dropping, breaking, and replacing them. However, people are constantly demanding thinner, more portable products. Soft feel coatings can allow for minimum thickness and enhanced durability.
- Home Appliances: Handles for ovens, dishwashers and refrigerators can be covered with soft-feel coatings to feel and look more luxurious.
- Cosmetics Cases: Some cosmetics cases are covered in soft-feel, matte-textured coating to add a hint of luxury.
- Special Effects Printing: Soft-feel overcoats can be used to create unique, rubbery or silky characters on paper.
- Airplane Cabins: Soft-feel coatings are used in airplane interiors to cover plastic substrates, making interiors feel warmer and more comfortable for passengers.
- Furniture: When plastics are coated and supported with a strong soft-feel material, manufacturers can use plastic in lieu of sturdier, more expensive materials for furniture components.
- Tools: Tool handles and grips are easier to manage and more comfortable with soft-feel coatings.
Does your manufacturing company make one of the eight items above or another product that could benefit from a softer feel? If you’re looking to differentiate your products, enhance customer experience, and add value to your finished goods, Aexcel could provide a soft feel coating for you. Read about our soft-touch high-performance polyurethane coating capabilities or reach out if you’d like to discuss your next project.
What types of product lines do you apply soft-feel coatings to? Share your experiences in the comments!